Friday, December 21, 2007

Closer to the city.




Today I woke up about 6 AM. It must be the time change becuase I couldnt go back to sleep. I was scheduled to go with Marios aunt, Antoinette, to shop with her and Mario's nonna (gma). She arrived with bagels, muffins and coffee and me her and Rosa, Marios mom, had breakfast. We set off for Astoria, Queens to pick up her mother. Her mom was a nice old lady with a playful smile. We went to a store called BJ's which is like Sams club to pick up bulk stuff for their Christmas eve dinner and then went to a organic fresh foods market called raspberrys that had lots of Italian goods. We also stopped in a deli called Sorriso (smile in Italian) that made me feel like I was back in Italy. It was full of meats and cheese and Italian goods. Antoinette has been going there for over 15 years so she knew what was good and they recommended new things to her. After we dropped off her mother Antoinette took me out to lunch at a bakery that served panino's and was in Astoria. After lunch she took me to Long Island City so I could take pictures of Manhattan.

3 comments:

sprucewolf said...

What a sweet, welcoming family. I think I recognize the Chrysler Building: the pointy one on the left.

jumpingcrane said...

It looks like a great place to be to visit. Might be some nice rocks and artifacts. Remember the Mohican's. Being by the River must be nice.

Anonymous said...

Everyone sounds so nice, Sean. I really like the pictures, they are so cool. I love you.

My travels